Get-Cheap-Gas.com Email Of the Week:
1) Always Pay Using a Gas Rebate Credit Card:
• When used correctly, gas credit cards will SAVE you money.
• The best overall gas credit card is the Discover Open Road Card. Get a Full 5% Cashback Bonus® on gas & auto maintenance purcashses, Up to 1% Cashback Bonus on all other purchases automatically*. Double rewards with more than 100 Cashback Bonus Partners*. • If you want to make an intereste free purchase or make a balance transfer, the Citi® Driver's Edge Platinum Card gives you 0% APR for up to 12 on balance transfers. Plus, get 5% cashback on ALL gas, supermarket and drug store purchases. • If you use BP for your gas, use the Chase BP Visa Rebate Card. Get a full 5% cashback at BP. Get 2% at resturants, lodging, airlines and car rentals. Get 1% cashback everywhere else (except non-bp gas station). The most popular station specific card.
• We have found a list of all the best gas cashback credit cards. You can find them on your left. They are in order of popularity!
2) 10 Money Saving Cheap Gas Tips:
• Shop Non-Brand Name Gas Stations: Some non-brand name gas stations use the exact same product as the brand names. Save a few cents every gallon getting the same stuff.
• Use the Right Grade of Gasoline: Some people believe premium grade gas is the best for cars. That's a myth. Read your car manual to see what's recommended by the manufacturer (many times they recommend regular grade.) Use the lowest grade recommended.
• Don't Top Off: Many studies have shown that the "top off" usually remains in the hose or is lost to evaporation. Don't bother!
• Avoid Sudden Stop and Go: Driving less aggressively WILL save you money. Rapid acceleration and braking burns more fuel and is harder on your vehicle. Using cruise control is the most efficient for gas mileage.
• Tire Pressure: Driving on tires that are not fully inflated can cost you 10% or more in lost gas. Check your pressure once a month.
• Don't Drive a Gas Guzzler: Now that high gas prices appear to be here for a long time, consider trading in that SUV for a more fuel efficient vehicle. Hybrid engine vehicles are going to be the next big thing for the automobile.
• Consider Carpooling or Using Public Transportation: Splitting gas among a couple of coworkers/students/friends is a great way to save money. Helps cut down on gas use, too.
• Fill Up in the Morning: Gasoline is just like any other gas- it expands in the heat. You can save a few cents just by filling up during the cooler temperature in the morning.
• Keep Your Engine Tuned: Poorly tuned cars have knocks which burn fuel inefficiently. This can cost you 10-20% more fuel. Check your vehicle's maintenance record to see if your up to date.
• Join Our Mailing List: No spam, 1 email a week with tips on how to save money. Fill out the form below to the right.
3) Get Free Money or Free Gas
• Get a Free $250 Gas Card: You answer surveys and complete some free offers - get $250 Gas Card Free! Click HERE to see if you qualify. We do not run this program.
• Earn 3% cash back at restaurants, office supply stores, gas stations, building supply stores, hardware and home improvement centers.
• No Annual Fee
• 6% cashback at ALL gas stations for 6 months.
• 1% cashback on ALL other purchase lifetime.
• 3% cashback on ALL gas purchases after 6 months.
• Earn 6% cash back at supermarkets, drug stores & gas stations for 12 months
• Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases
• Up to 5% cashback at gas stations and supermarkets.
• Up to 2% cash back on all other purchases.
• FREE gift from the New York Times
• 5% cashback on BP purchases.
• 2% at resturants, lodging, airlines and car rental.
• 1% cashback everywhere else (except non-bp gas).
"All the tricks to saving money on gasoline."
• 5% Cashback Bonus® on Get More purchases in popular categories that change four times a year like home, apparel and more*
Up to 1% Cashback Bonus on all other purchases automatically*
*See the online credit card applications site for terms and conditions of offers.
Terms change frequently, please confer with the banks's application site to confirm details. Get-Cheap-Gas.com is a separate entity from all credit card companies. No guarantees on credit offers implied or direct.
Get-Cheap Gas. Copyright 2006. All rights reserved.
How to Save at The Gas Station
• Full 5% Cashback Bonus® on gas & auto maintenance purchases, Up to 1% Cashback Bonus on all other purchases automatically*
* Double rewards with more than 100 Cashback Bonus Partners*
• Get 3% cash back for every dollar you spend at restaurants, gas stations, on auto rentals and at certain office supply merchants.
• Get $100 gift card after your first purchase!